Monday 10 June 2013

My favourite blending brushes

Hi Beauts.

Some girls like to collect shoes and others, bags. Me? I like to collect make up brushes. I don't intentionally buy loads and then keep adding to my collection, I just have a little bit of an obsession....Just a teeny tiny one.
Anyway a girl can never have too many brushes really can she? One type of brush that I seem to have a fair few of is the blending brush. Harsh lines are a big no no for me so having a blending brush or 10 is essential. Today I wanted to share with you all my favourites. 

Let's start with the more expensive first:


MAC  217 £17.00. This is a great brush for both blending and applying colour to the outer corner and crease (mine got stained from a bright purple eyeshadow! *sad face*)


S.B.C Contour brush £6.00. I actually got this in my brush set for college and it's the only one I use. It''s supposed to be for contouring (the eyeball) but I find it too big and fluffy so I use it for blending.


Emily 224 £3.19. This is supposed to be a dupe for the MAC 224, but I don't have the MAC brush so can't compare the two. This is larger and more dense than the MAC 217, so I find this is great for blending out the crease and applying a transition colour


Crown  C200 Deluxe crease £3.19. This is of a similar shape to the Emily 224, however this one is a little softer and fluffier which makes it perfect for blending


Crown C139 Stiff tapered crease brush £3.09. Again another dupe for the MAC 224 but unlike the Emily 224, this is softer, fluffier and smaller. I like using this to apply colour to my crease as well as using it for blending


Crown C218 Blending fluff brush £2.69. This is the largest and probably the fluffiest of the bunch. It's a similar shape to the S.B.C only smaller, and again this is great for blending out harsh lines and for applying a wash of colour all over the lid

I love using all of these brushes but if I had to choose tow, I'd have to pick the MAC 217 because I'm able to apply shadow to the outer corner and blend, and the Crown C200 because for me this is the best blending brush out of the above.

What are your favourites? 

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment