Wednesday 24 July 2013

Foundations and BB creams for oily to combination skin

Hi Beauts.

I've never been one for owning more than one foundation at a time because if I find something that works for me, I stick to that one product.
However, looking through my collection the other day I realised that I currently have six foundations/BB creams on the go! How did that even happen?! The ones I have are targeted at oily/combination skin, so I thought it would be helpful to others with said skin-type if I did some mini reviews n the products I have. And the best thing is, they're all high-street/drugstore :)

Let's start with BB creams


Garnier BB Miracle skin perfector oil free Usual price £9.99, currently on offer in Boots for £6.99 -  This is amazing if you suffer from oily skin like I do. I was unsure whether I wanted to try this after reading mixed reviews, but I'm so glad I did. It's a very runny consistency which I find helps the product go further and the coverage is medium but I find I barely need any concealer when I wear this. I didn't break out at all from this like I've read other people have and this stayed put all day! Even in this heat. If you're looking for a great BB cream I highly recommend giving this a shot

Rimmel  9-in-1 BB cream £6.99 - I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this BB cream. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it refuses to play ball. If I don't use any skincare, this applies great but if I cleanse, tone and moisturise then it rolls into pieces all over my face when I blend it in. I've also noticed that the more I blend it, the more orange it becomes. I got mine in 'Light' but I'd say this certainly isn't light.

Foundations:


Rimmel Stay matte foundation £6.99 - I'm pretty sure this was the first ever foundation I ever tried and I used to love it. Now? Not at all. I think the formula has changed along with the packaging, it used to be quite a liquid consistency and now I find it to be really thick. The colour is off too, I got mine in Ivory and it's kinda orange looking. This did keep my face matte all day, but my skin felt really tight and dry and it didn't last any longer than 2 -3 hours before it started to oxidise and vanish from the oiliest parts of my face. Not a winner for me!

Rimmel lasting finish foundation £6.99 - Another Rimmel product, and one that I actually really enjoy using. This doesn't give a matte finish which I usually prefer, but it doesn't give a dewy finish either. I haven't tested whether this lasts 25 hours but I will say it lasts the working day, I do have to powder a little on my T-zone but I have to touch up my powder with most foundations. I'd say this was a medium coverage but is buildable to full

NYC all day long foundation usual price £3.99, currently on offer in Superdrug for £2.99 - I like this foundation but don't love it.The colour match is one of the closest out of all of the above foundations but isn't perfect. The coverage is medium but again, can be built to full. It blends out easily and doesn't dry to quickly so makes application easy. I did need to powder through the day, like most foundations, but for the price I think it's a pretty good foundation

Revlon colorstay combination/oily skin £12.49 - This is probably my all time favorite foundation, and one that I know I will always repurchase time and time again. This is a medium - full coverage, gives a flawless finish, doesn't cake up, lasts all day and gives a matte finish. Everything I look for in a foundation. The only negative thing I'd say is I don't love the packaging, I think it'd be so much better with a pump.

I'm going to have to cheat and pick 2 winners because I love them equally :P.........

Garnier BB cream and Revlon colorstay!

 Do you have any good recommendations? 

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment