Monday 1 July 2013

NYC lip stains

Hi Beauts.

I'm a complete lip product junkie, which I'm sure you all know by now. One thing about a lip product that I always look out for is staying power, it's a bit of a pain having to always reapply. Whilst in Superdrug a few weeks back I spotted the NYC smooch proof 16hr lip stains, so I picked one up in 497 Rock on Ruby.


I didn't really know what to expect from this because I've never tried a felt tip lip stain before. The only stains I've tried are the Benefit posetint and Benetint, and the MUA and Revlon balm stains. 

I actually found this really easy to apply because its a felt tip. I used the pointed tip to line my lips, then lay it flat to fill in the rest. This stain is so pigmented, I only needed one application and I had hot red lips. Another thing that I love is once this baby's dry it is smudge and transfer proof, perfect for a night out or even going out for a meal - no need to reapply afterwards. This wasn't drying at all, which if I'm honest I did expect it to be just because a) it's a stain and b) because it's a pen. I got around 2 and a half hours wear out of this, after eating and drinking the colour faded to a lighter but still pretty shade of red. The colour faded out equally so I wasn't left with red patches all over my lips.

The Nitty Gritty

Price - £3.99
Product - 3ml
Opaque
Easy to apply
Very pigmented
Smudge and transfer proof
Not drying
Lasted 2 hours 30 mins

Have you tried these out? What did you think?

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment