Saturday 27 July 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in Bulletproof Beige

Hi Beauts.

I've been lacking in the old posts of late (I had quite a few drafted up) Life has just been a bit crazy lately and to be honest I've been lacking inspiration too. However I'm back on the ball and today I bring to you a review of a new(ish) product. Rimmel scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in the shade 'Bulletproof beige'





In all honesty when I first spotted these I wasn't going to buy one because I just figured straight off the bat that it would crease like a MoFo. However I read a great review (I can't remember who, sorry) and I was completely sold on the idea.

I got mine in Bulletproof beige because I wanted a neutral shade that I could get a lot of use out of. I didn't just want something to use as an eyeliner or a dark shade I could stick in my outer corner, I wanted something light and bright with a bit of sparkle.

The first time I used this, I applied it as an eyeshadow base for the big test: Would it crease throughout the day? And the answer, nope it wouldn't. I applied this all over my lid and blended slightly into the crease and then applied a similar shade in eyeshadow on top. The shimmer in this eyeshadow stick made my eyeshadow pop even more and definitely helped with longevity. There was no creasing and no budging from this, and I got 12 hours wear from this and it was still going strong.

The next day I decided to use it all over my lid and along my lower lashline, with a tiny bit eyeshadow in my crease to add some dimension. Again it stayed put all day long without any creasing. It didn't drop from my lashline either which I usually find happens with creamy products.

This eyeshadow stick claims to be waterproof too, and I have to say I completely agree. As soon as I bought it I had to swatch it on my hand and honestly it wouldn't come off! On my eyes it did come off relatively easy with make up remover. The product itself is smooth and creamy to apply and just glides on, so there's no pulling of the eye area. It's really easy to blend out too but once dry it ain't budging.

I'd describe the shade as a shimmery, golden champagne that's a little on the warm side. But not so warm toned that if your on the cooler side you can't pull it off. I'm cool toned and this looks fine on me, I don't have that ill look about me when I wear it.

The Lowdown:

Cost: £4.49
shades: 5
Product: 3.25g
Lasts at least 12 hours
Doesn't crease
Waterproof
Can be worn alone and/or with eyeshadow
Smooth, creamy and easy to apply

Have you tried any of these yet?

P.S I decided to make a second lifestyle blog, I'd love for you to check it out? 

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment