Saturday 10 August 2013

I don't got the love

Hi Beauts.

Today's post is going to be a bit of a negative one I'm afraid, for I shall be sharing with you some of the products I've tried and just didn't find worked all that well for me. I will sy that just because they didn't work for me doesn't mean they won't work for you. We all have different skin types and preferences so by all means give them a whirl, you may find that you love them.



1 - mac Lip conditioner £11.00 - I wouldn't say that this didn't work for me because it did, I just don't by any means think that the is worth the money. This works just as well as any other Chapstick or lip balm, and they're a fraction of the price. It smells gorgeous and has lasted me ages, but I really can't justify the money



2 - essie nail polish in Ballet slippers £7.99 - Now this is a product that SO many people rave about, and I just don't get it. I knew before I bought it that it would take a couple of coats to get an opaque colour from it, but the more coats I applied the worse it looked. I found it to be very streaky and patchy, and because I had to apply so many coats it took forever to apply. I'm thinking of trying a white nail polish underneath and see if that helps Maybe?



3 - Benetint and posetint - Another favourite amount the beauty community, but one (or 2) that I just can't get away with. when I apply these to my lips as a stain, they look great at first. Then after a while when they start to fade they leave a ring around the inside of my lips as if I've been munching on an ice lolly. It doesn't matter if I apply a little or a lot, it always happens. And as for a cheek stain, they left my foundation looking patchy. I tried them under and over my foundation and couldn't for the life of me get them to look nice.



4 - seventeen on the spot foundation £6.99 - I bought this after reading a few really good reviews and desperately wanted to give it a try. Oh how disappointed was I! I found it sheer (it's supposed to be full coverage) it was difficult to blend, and even though I bought in a pale shade it was orange once it sank into the skin.



5 - 2true 3-in-1 concealer - £1.99 - Another product I'd heard good things about and another product I was disappointed with. I can't really complain about wasting money as this was only £1.99, but it's still disappointing non the less. This was very sheer, he a runny consistency and had very little coverage. The shade would have been great for highlighting under the eyes, but the coverage and consistency put an end to that.


6 - mac eyeshadow in Carbon  -  Every girl needs a matte black eyeshadow in her collection, and almost every girl on YouTube has MAC's Carbon. I didn't mind paying the money for this as I always use black for a smokey eye or just to darken whatever look I'm wearing. However once again I was majorly disappointed. This has very little pigmentation and is really hard to blend out, which to be honest really surprised me for a MAC shadow.



7 - Soap and Glory Kick ass concealer . - I wanted this for so long and was really excited when I finally decided to buy it. I thought that I'd love it, but unfortunately I didn't at all. It was way to thick in my opinion) for under my eyes, and it creased like a mofo which I never usually have with concealer. I also tried the darker shade to cover blemishes but it was to orange for my skin.

Well that's all the products I haven't loved. Like I say, these may work great for some of you and not so great for the rest of you. If you have any suggestions on how I can make any of the above work feel free to leave them in the comments :)

What's one product that you've been really disappointed with?

Don't forget to check out my second blog :)

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment