Thursday 1 August 2013

July empties

Hi Beauts.

Time for yet another empties post! I've noticed some months I tend to have used up the same products as the previous month i.e Foundation, powder etc so what I shall do is just add a little section at the end with the usual culprits so you don't have to read my babbling about them each month :P

Face:




The Body shop seaweed clarifying toner - I bought the small size of this when the body shop had a money off offer, and I absolutely loved it. So many people spoke so highly of this so I decided to give it a shot and I'm so glad I did. It's definitely mattifying and really helped with keeping my oiliness under control throughout the day. I did find it to dry out my skin a little after applying, but nothing a moisturiser couldn't sort out. REPURCHASE? Definitely, and in the bigger size too. RECOMMEND? If you have oily skin, this is a great product for you

Clean and Clear duel action moisturiser - I'm not sure if I've blogged about this in an empties post or not, so I shall waffle on abput it just in case. This has become something I can't live without now. I use this as a spot treatment if I have the odd spot and it literally takes a couple of hours for the size of the spot to reduce, and the redness to have gone completely. I also use this as a moistruiser each night and I definitely think it keeps spots at bay. REPURCHASE? Always RECOMMEND? If you have spot prone skin YES. Or even if you just want something to fight the odd spot

Philosophy 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes - I got this little sample sachet from Debenhams a while ago and only just got around to using it. I like a cleanser that can be used on face and eyes because it's a pain sometimes having to remove eye make up and the face. This just didn't cut it for me I'm afraid because it stung my eyes! I figured with it being a cleanser targeted at 'eyes' then it would be fine, but unfortunately not and I don't have sensitive eyes. REPURCHASE? No RECOMMEND? No

Hair:




The Body Shop Rainforest moisture hair butter for dry hair - I got this sample free when I made an online order and I have to say I was really excited to try it out. I've really been getting into my hair treatments lately. This left my hair really soft and shiny the next day, and definitely more manageable. The only thing I didn't like was the smell, it had an almond kind of scent which I really don't like. REPURCHASE? Maybe, if I could get past the scent. RECOMMEND? Yes

Body:




Accessorize eau de toilette - I got this as a Christmas gift from a friend,I'm pretty sure it's because it's leopard print. It is VERY strong vanilla scented which usually I like, but this was very overpowering. REPURCHASE? No. RECOMMEND? Yes if you like vanilla

Wilkinsons exhilarate body spray - This has actually become my new favourite body spray ever. It just smells so fresh, floral and fruity. An odd combination but it works and it's gorgeous! REPURCHASE? Yes. RECOMMEND? Yes

Old faithfuls:




Simple babywipes - I use these to remove my make up before I do a full cleanse. These will always be a repurchase

Revlon colorstay - My holy grail foundation. Lasts all day and has great coverage

Well that's July empties done and dusted. Come on August, let's be having ya!!

Don't forget to check out my lifestyle blog :D

Stacey x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're great aren't they? They're the only ones that don't dry out my skin

      Stacey x

      Delete