Wednesday 30 October 2013

All used up in October

Hi Beauts.

Well it would appear October has been and gone and we only have two months of 2013 left. Although it's scary that this year has gone so fast, I'm excited to see what 2014 brings. Anywhoo, on with my October empties:



* Smashbox Photo ready oil free primer - I got this in a try it kit a few months back and have really enjoyed it. Only a small amount is needed and I found this definitely helped my foundation stay put. REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes

* Rimmel Lasting finish foundation - I used this years ago and really liked it. It was on offer a while ago and I decided to try it again. Although I prefer matte foundation I enjoyed this again. It gave a fresh glowy look to my skin. The only thing I really didn't like was the shade, this was the lightest and it was definitely too dark REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes

* NYC All day long foundation - Again another foundation that was on offer and it had the word matte in the name. This did last on my skin throughout the day and did keep me matte. I'd say the coverage was medium but could be built to full. I found this shade a little too light for me, so I started mixing it with the Rimmel and really enjoyed using the two together. REPURCHASE? Maybe RECOMMEND? Maybe

* NYC Smooth skin powder - This was sat in my collection for ages and only started using it when my every day powder ran out. I have to say, I was really impressed with this. It was translucent but I did find that it lightened my foundation shade a tiny bit. However this wasn't a problem when using the Rimmel foundation. This kept me shine free all day and I didn't find myself needing to re powder REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes


* Smashbox 'Lid primer' eye primer - Another product that came with the try it kit another that I enjoyed using. This was a skin tone primer and a little thicker than the likes of Urban Decay and MUA. The thing I liked about this most was that it also added a little coverage. I have slight discolouration to my lids so using this helped mask that. It did make the shadows stand out, last longer and stopped any creasing. REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes

* Smashbox Full exposure mascara - The final empty from the try it kit, this time the mascara. I actually really liked this! It added volume, separated lashes and made my lashes look longer. It was waterproof (as far as I could tell) but wasn't too difficult to remove. REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes

* Benefit They're real - I got this sample size with a magazine a while back and if I'm honest,  I'm on the fence about it. It did make my lashes look longer and added volume but I don't understand what all of the fuss is about.  I've used mascaras from the high street that I find worked better for cheaper. And it was a bugger to remove. REPURCHASE? No RECOMMEND? Maybe


* Boots Vitamin E eye cream - I don't really have mahoosive bags under my eyes, black rings or wrinkles however I think everyone should wear an eye cream.  (Prevention is better than cure) So to be honest I couldn't say if this is working wonders, but I like to use vitamin E on my skin. I found this soaked into the skin fairly easily and a little goes a long way REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes

* Superdrug cucumber facial wipes - I love these, mainly for the scent. I use these to remove the majority of my make up then I use a face wash, I like to be thorough :P These also work great around the eye area. REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes

* Avon Mystique (Rose, Jasmine, Peach and Vanilla) shower gel - I've had this before and was unsure of it then so I'm not sure why I repurchased. I love the scent, it lathered well and left my skin feeling soft. However the thing I didn't like was the consistency - It's similar to that of jelly! I just found it really strange to use REPURCHASE? No RECOMMEND?  Maybe

* L'occtaine shower gel - I absolutely loved using this. It smelt amazing, it left my skin so soft and I could still smell it on my skin hours later. However, I think it's over priced for what it is. REPURCHASE? Want to say yes, but the price makes it a no RECOMMEND? Yes

* Moroccan Argan reviving dry oil - My sister gave me this as she didn't like it. I, however, loved it. I sprayed it on the ends and it left my hair feeling so silky and smooth, not to mention smelling amazing too REPURCHASE? Yes RECOMMEND? Yes

Well that was a lot!! How'd you do with empties this month?

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment