Tuesday 8 October 2013

e.l.f all over color stick in pink lemonade

Hi Beauts. 

Time for another e.l.f review for y'all - the all over color stick in 'Pink lemonade' Now if I'm honest, I had no idea what the all over color sticks were when I first saw them on the website. I figured they must be a kind of concealer/foundation stick, but alas I was wrong. 
I bought mine in the e.l.f studios in NYC and as soon as I saw this one, I knew it wasn't for all over your face. I mean you could blend it all over....if you want to look like a tomato, not a look I think I'd suit though ;)



Contrary to my original thoughts, the all over color sticks are actually multi use cream sticks that can be used on your eyes, lips or face. Ahhhh see, it all makes sense now doesn't it?

I first tried this one on my cheeks as a blush and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not usually one for cream face products as I'm not a fan of the dewy look. However I applied this after my foundation, then applied my powder on top and it worked out great. It gave such a pretty 'just been out in the cold' kinda glow which I loved and thought looked so natural and pretty. Another thing that surprised me was the staying power. I applied this at 6:30 am and it was still as I had applied it when I checked at 6 pm that same night. I usually find that whenever I have tried cream or liquid face products, they either wear off or go blotchy but not this time.

Now as a lipstick.

I applied this on my lips using my finger and again the pigmentation was amazing. The only thing I didn't love so much was tat it had a pearly sheen to it, which I didn't notice when I used it as a blush. Other than that I was again, pretty impressed. I didn't find this to be drying at all and it stayed put for around 2 hours.

I got this one in the shade Pink lemonade and love it. I shall definitely be buying more :)



NYC stole my heart - Here
NYC haul - Here

Get these from the e.l.f website 

Have you tried any of these yet?

Stacey x



10 comments:

  1. I love multi- use products, and it's great that this worked well as a lipstick too usually these cream 'can be used for lips and cheeks' type things are rubbish on the lips. I wish Elf was available in UK drugstores rather than having to order online, I'd love to swatch these :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) Ah I know! I'm not too keen about buying make up online because the 'swatches' aren't always true to colour

      Stacey x

      Delete
  2. This sounds really nice! It's a lovely colour too :)

    http://thebeautybow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great :) Such a pretty pink!

      Stacey x

      Delete
  3. This looks nice! I'm yet to try elf!

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try some products out.I think they're great for te price, even better when they have discounts :P

      Stacey x

      Delete
  4. I was eyeing these, I gotta get them now! It looks gorgeous! Great post, you've convinced be to buy it, haha!

    Xx
    http://thecutelittlebeautyblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help :P There's a highlight looking shade that I think I my need to buy next! :D

      Stacey x

      Delete
  5. lol I was really unsure what these actually were too! So thanks for clearing it up, I get it now too haha. I really want one now! I'm not usually a fan of cream blushes either, so hopefully I'll be able to get along with this too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem lol I didn't understand them at all when I first heard about them because the shades were pinks/peaches. I just thought there ain't no way I'm slapping that all over my face :P

      Stacey x

      Delete