Wednesday 13 November 2013

Bourjois color edition 24HR in Kaki

Hi Beauts.

I am a huge fan of the Maybelline color tattoo's so when Bourjois brought out a similar product (The color edition 24HR), I could barely contain my excitement. I picked up the shade Kaki because I already have similar shades to the others in the range. And I thought this would work great as a base for MAC's sumptuous olive eyeshadow. 



On swatching this little beauty I realised that it was a little different to the Maybelline color tattoos in texture,  this felt a little more 'powdery' if you will. Whereas the maybelline are more of a cream consistency. The pigmentation was great, and it is definitely a true Khaki shade. I do think that this could be built up for a more intense colour payoff and it wouldn't cake up or crease. I applied this as I do with all cream products for eyes, using my ring finger then I blended it into the crease using a fluffy brush. This way definitely gave me more coverage, easier application and applied an even amount of product on each eye. I notice that this was pretty shimmery but not the chunky or in your face kind of shimmer, more like the satin finish eyeshadows from MAC. 


I had this on for around 12 hours and it didn't fade, budge, smudge or crease! How good is that?! I've used this as a base for eyeshadow (looks so pretty with sumptuous olive) and on its own and I loved using it both ways. The website claims that this is a cream to powder product and I'd have to agree.  The color edition 24HR retail for £6.99 each and there are 6 shades available. They are a little more than the color tattoos, but they're worth every penny!

Have you tried these yet? What do you think?

Stacey x



No comments:

Post a Comment