Sunday 3 November 2013

e.l.f jumbo lip gloss stick in Movie Star

Hi Beauts.

Hands up, who else is a big fan of elf? I've bought quite a few products from them and I don't think I've been disappointed yet.

A new product to me is their Jumbo lipgloss stick and I bought mine in the shade 'Movie star' which is a gorgeous red.


This is pretty much the same as any other jumbo pencil lip product in that you twist the bottom of the pencil to get more product out of the top. The packaging is simple - usual white elf packaging, with a clear lid - but I really like it. I think it's simple and sleek, and the colour on the bottom of the pencil is pretty much what you get.

On applying this i noticed it had a medicinal scent, which to be honest I'm not 100% keen on. It smells similar to the Revlon just bitten kissable balm stains. The application itself was smooth to apply, and pretty opaque. I did apply 2 coats of this so it's definitely buildable if you want a more intense colour.

Lets talk lasting power:



(Please excuse the last picture, it was getting dark outside so I had to use a lamp, and my make up had eventually worn off)

As you can see from the above photos I got a pretty good run with this. From 3pm to 5pm the colour only faded slightly and the reason for it fading completely at 6:25pm is due to the fact I'd just eaten. 
This doesn't claim to be a stain, so I'm not going to complain about it wearing off. I'm pretty impressed with how long it lasted. I'd say the finish was a little glossy but not over the top and it reminded me more of a lipstick than a lipgloss. This didn't dry out my lips in the slightest bit, even when it had completely worn off my lips still felt moisturised.

Other than the smell, I really enjoyed this and shall be looking to add more shades to my collection. One can never have too many lip products right?

Have you tried these yet? What did you think? 

More elf reviews:

My top elf products - here
Waterproof eyliner review - here
All over color stick in Pink lemonade - here

Where to buy elf:

elf website - here

Stacey x

2 comments:

  1. LOVE lip crayons, so defo gonna try the elf ones :D Great post as usual lovely xx
    Pretty Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) These are great, I deffo want to try some other shades! Ahh thank you chicky!!

      Stacey x

      Delete