Monday 4 November 2013

First impressions - YSL Touche eclat

Hi Beauts.

I was really excited when I got handed a sample of the YSL Touche Eclat as it's something that I've wanted to try out for the longest time, but not something I could personally justify spending money on (£25.00). I got 5 uses out of the sample, which was enough for me to determine whether or not I liked it, and unfortunately my excitement turned to disappointment. 



There were 3 shades in this little sample - and what struck me as odd was that shade 1 was a shade darker and more orange than shade 2. This claims to help give a bright  wide awake look whilst hiding dark circles and signs of tiredness. 
The first thing I wasn't so keen on was the coverage,  it had very low coverage and for me if I'm wanting to hide dark circles it needs to be medium to full. It did conceal the purple tones a little but not as much as I'd have hoped it would for the price. 
Now for brightening. Again it did the job but only a little and not as much as I'd have hoped. What I did like was that it didn't turn ashy once I applied my powder on top which has happened with other products that I've tried. 

I don't usually have a problem with products creasing under my eyes and this was no exception, no creasing and it didn't wear off at all throughout the day.
 If I'm completely honest I prefer my collection lasting perfection concealer in light for concealing and highlighting, and the best thing is it's a fraction of the price. I wouldn't go out and buy the full size of this, it's not worth the hype or the money in my opinion.  I know others love it, but it just didn't work for me.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you a fan?

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment