Saturday 30 November 2013

Leek and potato soup

Hi Beauts.

I once again found myself making a noise with pots and pans in the kitchen and wanted to share a quick post on the little food creation I made. I bought a chilled Leek and Potato soup the other day and loved it so much, I thought I'd make my own.



What you'll need:

Knob of butter
4 Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 Leek, chopped
Vegetable stock
900ml vegetable stock
A tub of single cream

Lets cook:


* Heat the butter in a pan until it has melted, then add the leeks and cover. Cook slowly for around 5 minutes


* Next add potatoes and cook slowly for another 5-10 minutes or until they're soft.

* Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then mash the potatoes for a nice thick chunky soup.


* Last but not least, blend the soup with a hand blender and bring back to the boil until piping hot. Add a spoon of single cream to each bowl as served stir thoroughly and serve.

The cream is optional, I just prefer the taste with cream added

Simple and yummy once again, and it's the perfect weather for homemade soup

Have a great Saturday Beauts 

Stacey x

2 comments:

  1. Yummy :) I love leek and potato soup.
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete