Thursday 14 November 2013

Lets cook! Chicken chow mein

Hi Beauts.

Time for another food post for you all to salivate over. Whenever I go out to a Chinese restaurant, one thing I have to fill my plate (and my belly) with is chicken chow mein. I was looking throw Pinterest the other day as I usually do and saw a few chicken chow mein pins. So I decided to head to Tesco after work and pick up some ingredients and make my own.

It's such a simple recipe, and I suppose you could mix up the ingredients if you fancied something a little different.



Ingredients:

250g Packet medium egg noodles
2 tbsp Sunflower oil
280g Chicken - Cubed and cooked
1 Garlic clove - Finely chopped
1 red pepper - Thinly sliced 
6 Spring onions - Sliced
100g Bean sprouts 
3 tbsp Soy sauce

Method:

* Place the noodles in a large bowl and break them up slightly. Pour enough water over the noodles to cover, and leave to stand whilst you prepare the other ingredients.

* Preheat a wok over medium heat and add the sunflower oil. Swirl around the wok to ensure the sides are coated. When the wok is hot, add the cooked chicken, garlic, pepper, bean sprouts, spring onions and stair fry for around 5 minutes.

* Drain the noodles and add to wok, stir well and stir fry for a further 5 minutes.

* Drizzle over the soy sauce, stir to combine all of the ingredients then serve.

This serves four, so I just used half the ingredients tonight then I'll use the rest tomorrow

Another simple but yummy recipe. I'll all about simple in the kitchen (I don't wanna be getting food poisoning :p)

If you have any recipes on your log, feel free to leave them in the comments

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment