Sunday 22 December 2013

Superdrug, Barry M and The Body shop haul

Hi Beauts.

Today I wanted to share a few things that I bought whilst in town, mainly from Superdrug, but first I wanted to share my thoughts on something that has hit me pretty hard - Animal testing. 

Now, if you follow me on twitter then you'll already know this but I've decided to stop buying any and all products that use animal testing in any way. I won't go on too much about it as I'm drafting up a post solely on the subject, but I saw a picture on a website that literally broke my heart. I've always known that animal testing happened, but I didn't realise the extent of it or how many brands and companies use/allow it.

After hours (yup hours) of looking into which brands do and don't test on animals, I found out that one of my favourite shops doesn't test it's products. Which shop is that? Superdrug. Superdrug's OWN BRAND is NOT tested on animals. After binning my current hair care, skin care etc i headed out to Superdrug (and a few other places) to stock up on their own branded products (Which I've actually heard great things about anyway) and thought I'd share what I got. 

Superdrug 


* 48 hour protection Anti perspirant deodrant in Cotton - 89p
* Pro Vitamin full volume shampoo and conditioner - £1.12 each
* Cucumber facial cleansing wipes - 99p

The Body Shop


* Seaweed deep cleansing facial wash - £8.00
* Seaweed mattifying moisture lotion - £11.00

I had a 40% off code, so instead of my total being £19.00 it was £11.40

Boots


* Burt's Bees lip balm in grapefruit - £3.69
* Rimmel stay matte pressed powder in translucent - £3.99

Tesco


* Barry M Gelly-Hi shine nail polish in Lychee - £3.99
* Barry M flawless matte foundation in Ivory - £5.99
* Barry M matte nail paint in Crush - £3.99

Tesco currently have Barry M products on a 3 for 2 offer

I'm so pleased that I've found a few more of my favourite brands don't test on animals!

Hope you've all had a fab Sunday Beauts! 

Stacey x




No comments:

Post a Comment