Wednesday 12 February 2014

Along came Betty Starlight shine highlighter in Glow

Hi Beauts.

Some girls are addicted to buying shoes and some are addicted to buying bags. Me? I'm addicted to buying highlighters, I'm like a magpie for shiny things.
If you follow me on Twitter then you may have seen my little stash of goodies I picked up from the Along came Betty range in Tesco, if not here's the haul post I did. The packaging was what attracted me to the stand at first, it's pretty similar to that of the soap and glory range - very pinup-esque.

The first thing from the whole range to catch my beady little eye was the Starlight shine highlighter in the shade Glow, which comes in a small and chubby stick form. There weren't any testers instore so I wasn't sure what it would be like, but with the word 'glow' in the title you can't really go wrong can you? As soon as I got home (and snapped pictures for my blog) I ripped this open and had to swatch it. The shade is a pretty neutral champagne - what I always go for - and definitely looked like it would give that glowy effect to the cheekbones.






 With it being in a stick form, it's so easy to apply. I just dab 3 spots above my cheekbones and blend in with my fingers. You could apply this before or after powder as it's a cream product, but I always apply after my powder so that my powder brush doesn't remove or move any of the product. However I do pat a little powder over the top just to set it. 
As I mentioned earlier, this gives a gorgeous glow to my skin without looking too shiny or sparkly. And again, as this is a neutral champagne kind of shade it's one that will suit all skintones. 



This gave me that glowy look all day long without wearing off or disappearing from my cheekbones. I applied a little more at the end of the day just to see if building it u would make it look at all cakey, and it didn't at all. It just added some extra glow

If you're a highlighter fiend like me, I'd say you need this in your collection.

This is currently still in larger Tesco stores for £1.50, I'm not sure if the range is getting discontinued or not (I hope it isn't!!) So definitely grab yours now

Stacey x



No comments:

Post a Comment