Thursday 6 March 2014

Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm

Hi Beauts.

Since getting back from Paris a couple of weeks back (can I go back now please?!) I've suffered from really dry lips. I'm not sure if it was being on the plane or the weather, but something happened which left me unable to wear lipstick for a good while - cracked lips and lipstick? Mmmm not a good look. 

I'd heard a few things about the brand Nuxe from watching YouTube and reading blog posts, and one product in particular seemed to be the top of everyone's list - their Rêve de Miel lip balm. 




 I'd been trying all of the lip balms and lip conditioners I had in my collection and nothing was working, so decided to bite the bullet and give this a whirl. A lot (most) people who'd tried and loved this said because it was such a thick formula, it was best used as a night treatment rather than through the day.



 So the night I bought it I applied a small amount and hit the hay. Upon waking the next morning, I noticed that instead of the usual dry skin I'd been waking up to, my lips looked and felt really soft. I wanted to try out for myself whether or not I could wear this through the day, so after doing my usual skincare routine, I applied a very small amount of this and then carried on with my make up. I'm not sure if it's because I used a tiny amount or not, but I didn't find it too thick to wear alongside my make up. Granted I wore it alone and not under a lipstick or lipgloss, but I had no problems with wearing it through the day. Another thing I noticed when using this, was it gently exfoliated my lips. As I was applying it, it removed the dead skin (nice visual for you there) which made my pout even smoother. I wouldn't say this has an overpowering scent, but you can definitely smell a little bit of lemon in there which I love. I mean, who isn't a fan of citrus scents?

This has now become a major part of my morning and evening skin care routine, and I couldn't be without it!

Have you tried this, or any other products from Nuxe?

Stacey x


No comments:

Post a Comment