Wednesday 2 April 2014

MUA Ever after matte palette review

Hi Beauts.

I think that I mention in every MUA review or post I write that I'm a massive fan of the brand. And once again those words shall leave my lips, I can't think of one product that I've tried and not liked. 

They seem to bring out new products quite often and one thing that is pretty new is their 'Ever after' matte eyeshadow palette.



Now, it's not very often that a high street brand (of high end for that matter) bring out matte eye-shadow's, let alone a palette filled with them. So imagine my delight when I heard about MUA releasing a 10 pan neutrals one.

The shadows in this are as follows:



Unwrap - A cream highlight
Butter - A pale yellow toned highlight
Bare - A neutral light beige
Taffeta - A warmer beige
Fade - A neutral tan which is perfect as a transition shade
Penny - A medium brown
China - A taupe kind of shade
Truffle - A dark neutral brown
Fog - A blue toned medium grey
Smoke - A black


The thing I noticed whilst swatching this was that some shades appeared more pigmented than others, obviously the darker shades were easier to swatch than the lighter. However, applied to the eye they were much more pigmented than on the back of my hand.

I've watched a few reviews on youtube and people have said that they had trouble blending out some of the shades. I think that a lot of matte shadows, no matter what the brand, can take a little more effort to blend out than shimmer. However, I didn't find this palette to be any more difficult than others I've used.

Is this palette worth purchasing? I'd say so! I've used this literally every day since I bought it and I absolutely love it. You can create so many looks just using this, from day to night, and from subtle to smokey.
There's a shadow to suit everyone, and the main thing I love is that all the shades are pretty neutral so it doesn't matter if you're warm or cool toned.

Now all we need is a MUA dupe for the Naked 3 palette......hint hint ;)

Are you a fan of MUA too?

Stacey x 


No comments:

Post a Comment