Saturday 12 April 2014

My favourite transition shades

Hi Beauts.

Rather than a review or haul post, today I wanted to share with you all my favourite transition eyeshadow shades.

If you're unsure what a transition shade is (which I'm sure you all already know) it is a shadow that is added to the crease of your eye to soften an eye look, warm up said eye look or/and to help blend out any shadows that you are using.
I never really used transition shades until a few months ago, and since using them I've found doing my eye make up so much easier. Over the months I've discoverd some amazing shades to use that work perfectly for my skintone, and wanted to share my finds with you.

Without further ado, here we go:



* Shade 3 from the MUA 'Undressed' paltte - This is a light neutral brown


* Pink T from Soap and Glory's 'What's nude' quad - This is slightly warmer toned than Sade 3 from the MUA palette but works just as great


* Fade from MUA 'ever after' matte palette - Again a light neutral shadow


* The contour shade from Sleeks 'Light' contour kit - Although this is a contour for the cheeks, it works amazing as a transition shade for the eyes


* The orange toned shade from MUA's eyebrow kit - Although this is an orange, it works so well as a warm transion colour and looks great with a brown eye look


All of the shades I've mentioned above are matte, which is find works better for transition - we don't want to look like a glitter fairy socked us in the face do we?! 

The best wat to apply this to your crease is using a medium sized fluffy crease brush. My favourite to use, and the best and only one I use, is the C200 from Crown Brush. It's the perfect size for the crease and pretty much does all of the work for you.

What are your favourite shades and brushes for adding a transition colour to your eyes? 

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment