Thursday 11 September 2014

B.Set Pressed powder in Light

Hi Beauts.

When it comes to make up finish, I like matte. Simple as that. (I'm a poet!) Because I have oily skin, anything dewy looks like an oil tanker just leaked all over my face. I think dewy skin is so pretty, especially for the summer, but it just ain't a good look for me.

Because of said problem, I have to powder after finishing off my make up and have serious trouble finding one that doesn't oxidise or look cakey. Please step on stage B.Set sheer finish pressed powder.




I hadn't read any reviews about this powder before buying it, but knew straight away that it would be a great colour match for me. I read 'Light' and thought that'll do, but when I opened up the tester in Superdrug it was a yellow toned powder. As you may know, I can't wear anything warm toned as I just look either orange or dead so this was the perfect shade.




Because the name says 'sheer' I assumed it would add a matte finish to my skin, but not any coverage. Well, I admit it I was wrong. After applying my foundation and then popping this on top it gave me such a gorgeous flawless finish, and it didn't add or take away any colour from my foundation at all.

Now, for the biggest test of all: Did it keep me shine free all day? Ohhhh yes indeed it did. I didn't need to powder throughout the day when using this in the morning, unless it was a rather hot day and I sweated my make up off (such a lady aren't i?!) I was left matte all day and my make up looked pretty much exactly how I'd applied it first thing. On those odd hot days when I did need to powder, it didn't cake up or look like I'd just wacked a tonne of powder on my face.

This is now the only powder I use, and definitely one I'd recommend if you have oily skin and are super pale.

This is available to buy from most Superdrug stores for £7.99

Previous B. posts:

Micellar water review
Lip and cheek crayons review

Thanks for reading you lovely lot 

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment